Intermediate Italian II April 2019
If you have not previously taken classes with Valenti Lingua you may need to complete both an oral and written assessment prior to enrolling in Intermediate Italian 2. The oral assessment can be taken via Skype or in person . Please call Valenti Lingua at 480 628-0165 to schedule an appointment.
Dates & Times
Classes start Monday afternoon, April 22nd. We’ll meet on Monday afternoons from 4:15 pm to 6:15 pm. The course will conclude on July 1st. (10, two hour sessions). Classes are audio recorded and distributed to students making it easier for students to stay current in case of a few absences.
Classes are held near Lincoln and Scottsdale Rd. The address will be sent to students who have started the enrollment process by completing and returning the attached form.
A little information about the class:
Intermediate Italian II is structured as a third year Italian class. Much of this course will be devoted to conversation and the development of oral expression. This will be achieved through the discussion of Italian videos and talking points given to students in advance to encourage speaking and conversations among students. Students will also begin a thorough review of all grammar covered in previous courses. An intermediate level text entirely in Italian will be used for this purpose. If you haven’t taken classes with me and would like to enroll, you may first need to take both a written and oral assessment. If you need to schedule this please call me at 480 628-0165.
Cost for the program: Tuition is $375.00 plus $35.00 for a required Yabla subscription purchased directly from Valenti Lingua (not from Yabla). Those of you currently enrolled in a course already have a subscription and do not need to purchase a new subscription. Subscriptions will be active until November 6th and are discounted when purchased from Valenti Lingua. Payment and enrollment forms are due by 11:00 pm, Friday, March 22nd. Enrollment closes at 11:00 pm. Students must be at least 18 years of age or have permission of the instructor to enroll.
The text for this course is Nuova Grammatica Pratica della Lingua Italiana by Susanna Nocchi. The text is entirely in Italian. We’ll continue to use this text for any subsequent intermediate Italian courses until we’ve completed the book. I recommend purchasing the text from Applause Learning (linked in the title). If you purchase the book from Amazon you may run into shipping issues as it may be coming from abroad. Other students have had problems.
Course Prerequisites / Requirements
1) If you are currently enrolled in a course with Valenti Lingua, completion of all online Yabla exercises is required prior to enrolling in Intermediate Italian 2.
2) Registering students who have not studied with me will need to complete an oral and written assessment with me in person.
3) Students are expected to complete both the online and textbook homework for Intermediate Italian 2. The online Yabla exercises will be checked via my Yabla grade book online. Student preparation is a requirement to be able to enroll in any subsequent courses.
4) The class will be conducted in Italian. Students are expected to speak Italian with me and other students and to ask any questions in Italian. Let’s create a total immersion experience.
5) Payment in full is required for enrollment. Credits aren’t applied due to non attendance of courses or from private lessons.
How to Enroll
Please read the following steps for enrolling and regarding the refund policy below. Be sure to have read the entire email prior to proceeding with enrollment.
1) Complete and sign the enrollment form attached. Please return it as an attachment in an email. Include your full name, phone number, email, and signature. If you are enrolling a friend or spouse please have that person complete and return an enrollment form as well. A payment request with the address of the class will be sent to students who have already submitted the enrollment form. Students are only enrolled once both the enrollment form and payment have been received. Students will be given the option of paying by Venmo or the Zellepay.com service. Both services are safe and free of any fees. If your bank doesn’t participate in the Zellepay service, you can use Venmo. Credit card payments will not be accepted for this class.
2) Once enrolled, refunds will not be issued, and classes will not be prorated. In the event the class is cancelled due to an insufficient number of students (unlikely), those who have paid will receive a prompt and full refund. Tuition for Intermediate Italian can only be applied to the Intermediate Italian class taught from April to July of 2019. The tuition cannot be used as credit for other future classes or private lessons in the event that a student enrolls in this course and does not attend (regardless of the student’s excuse). Private lesson tuition can’t be applied to enrollment in a group class.
3) Registering students are expected to have read this email in its entirety. Please call me or email me with any questions. My phone number is listed below as well as my website for those looking for more information regarding my services. The enrollment form is attached below.
Phone: 480 628-0165